Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Our week in review

Last Monday we bought Christopher a bike (his other one broke and his friend Elliot had one like this). I researched it and found that walmart had this one for $30, and some others for $50 (spiderman and princess ones). When we got to walmart, they didn't have one. I was frustrated because they never have stuff in the back and he really wanted this bike. I went to look for the other things on our list. When I came back, Christopher had found one! He saw it hanging up with the other bikes and said, "Look Dad, there's my bike!"

Tuesday I took Christopher on a bike ride, not realizing how important is the skill of learning to use brakes. Christopher crashed into 2 parked cars. I told him we weren't going on another bike ride until he learned how to use his brakes.

Sunday we went to the family ward for the first time (we went to a married student ward before). It was great. The celebs were: Dave Rose (BYU bball coach), Travis Bright (BYU O line), Pres. Carlisle (our old stake president from our previous stake), and 2 of my professors from BYU (married to each other). Christopher doesn't think much of the Bishop yet...which kind of worries me because he liked our other Bishops so much.

Last night for family home evening we went on a family bike ride. Christopher rode his bike and used his brakes well. Some time in the future Christopher and I will go running. Christopher riding his bike beside me.

2 comments:

Lori and Matt said...

Wow.. neat ward!Hopefully Chirstopher will come around adn like the new bishop!

maryirene said...

2 parked cars! sorry i laughed when i read it. i just pictured him getting up and saying something cute about how he accidentally hit the cars, and then getting back on and riding like nothing happened. you are one tough little boy! we'll miss you.