
I was finally able to let Christopher help me with out getting mad at him. He wanted to make cupcakes, so we picked up liners at the store. He helped me pour the cake mix in. While I mixed, he filled the muffin tins with cupcake liners. I filled and baked them. When the cupcakes were cool, he helped me frost them (I made the frosting, but he chose the color.) He chose to give some cupcakes to the Hispanic girls he plays with next door and Aubrey.

The elder's quorom president in our ward has an apricot tree that has more apricots than leaves. We went and picked apricots to make jam. Christopher swished the apricots in water, then broke them in half, putting the pits in one bowl and the apricots on the cutting board so I could cut them. He did a great job! His new favorite toy...the apricot pits, he likes putting them in cups and pouring them back into the bowl. We made 5 quarts, 1 pint, and a bit more of apricot jam last night.
4 comments:
Looks good! I am glad you let him help you. Lucy loves to help and see what I am doing while I cook and do things. Today we chopped up and shredded up all our Zuchinni from our garden and put it in the freezer. I am excited to be able to have it during the year to make bread. That was nice of them to share their apricots with you.
looks like fun. Christopher is becoming such a big helper!
you are awesome! i agree. it is definitely an accomplishment to have them help without getting upset or frustrated. i'm currently working on that exact thing. jealous of your apricots! hehe.
I LOVE apricot jam, I think it is my favorite... but then again all homemade jam is fabulous.
Post a Comment