Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Olympics


Christopher has been enjoying the Olympics on TV. He especially likes swimming and gymnastics and likes to practice. Rob had the idea for Family Home Evening to have our own Olympics. So we made medals and thought of 6 events. Christopher was the most decorated athlete with 3 gold medals. He won the egg hunt, softball throw, and somersaults. (I can't believe how dizzy somersaults make me...I was dying after one, but did 2 since it was the olympics.) I won 2 gold medals: bocci ball (one attempt each) and footrace. Rob won a gold medal in Ball bounce (seeing how high it would go). Our Olympics took place at the duck pond this year. I hope we can do this every 4 yrs (rotating locations of course). Yes, we did wear our medals as we walked home.

11 comments:

Lant Family said...

That is so creative! Are you guys addicted to the olympics like we are? It seems that JJ is loving his free time right now and soaking up lots of olympics. We have been up late alot watching the olympics. I bet Christopher loved having his own olympics! I can't wait to see some pictures. JJ was asking about you guys yesterday and wondering if I knew what you guys were up to. I will have to give him your blog address :)

Brittany and Jason said...

That's awesome! What a fun idea to do especially with friends.

Amelia said...

What a great idea! I love watching the olympics Christopher is such a sporty guy, I am sure he is just LOVING it too!

Miriam said...

What a great idea! So fun! Man, that makes me want to really go for the gold myself!

maryirene said...

you guys are so much fun. what a great idea! tell christopher he would have been cheering for him if we had been there.

rachel said...

That is such a cute, fun, creative idea. I love it. Go Christopher who took home three golds :)

Danielle said...

FUUUUN! i was doing a gymnastics tournament with kaylee the other day doing somersaults. but we didn't have gold medals at the end! lol.

Ashley DeMille said...

How Fun! What a good idea. I bet Christopher just loved that! I love the idea of rotating locations!

Cranberryfries said...

Super cute idea! I know my kids would get a huge kick out of that. I must admit I haven't done somersaults in a while so I might get dizzy too! :)

Porters said...

I love it, that is so cute. I think that is neat that Christopher liked watching the Olympics too.

Emily said...

What a fabulous and fun idea!