
At Tibble Fork Resevoir in AF canyon.

Happy Michael.

Aunt Kimberly and cousin Nathan.

Happy Christopher.

Brothers.


Splashing.

Crawling. (He bear-crawls all the time.)

Excited to go fishing. They caught 2 fish this time and 2 fish at 6am. (Only the dads went in the morning.)

On the resevoir with a momma duck and 3 ducklings.


He loves people watching.

Look! Aunt Kimberly and Cousin Nathan are coming! Michael loves waving to everyone. And cars going by.

Smiley.

Trying to get him to look up at me...

Blah to you mom!


Cute anyways.

Nathan is 7 months old and Michael is almost 13 months old. They are the same height when Nathan stands on his tip toes, with an 8 lb weight difference.

Michael loves Nathan and was soft with him. (only inadvertant bonking when dropping/swinging toys and squishing when using him to balance himself.)

Cute smile Nathan! Too bad Michael was watching someone else.

Ok, now Michael is smiling and Nathan isn't. And I wasn't zoomed in...
9 comments:
Fun pictures! I haven't been brave enough yet to go camping with a baby. Looks like you guys had a great time!
Looks like fun! I am waiting a while before taking Benton camping, I don't want the other campers to hate me! hehe. Hey i have a favor to ask. I saw in a comment that you left on Danielle's blog that you have a food budget of $150. I coupon & try to eat inexpensive meals but I can't get mine down that low! Can you give me a few pointers on how you do it?? I just did a post about saving money, so if you could let me know there that would be great! thanks, christy
All that adorable baby fat should be illegal. He is so stinkin cute. Looks like a great camping trip.
I'm also with Christy. I would love to read a post with tips on keeping the food budget down.
You guys sure kept busy. Looks like fun!
First of all, We eat really simply. I try and alternate between pasta, rice, potato, and "other" dishes. "other dishes" are anything that doesn't fit in the other categories, such as mexican food, pizza, breakfast for dinner, etc.
Secondly, we only eat hamburger, chicken, and pork. (and eggs and beans) (and we don't pork out on meat. we eat 3 oz each or so.) We dont' eat steak or fish. I hardly ever buy pot roast either. As a rule, I dont' spend more than $2/lb on meat. I try not to spend more than $1.50/lb. (So I stock up & freeze it in portion sizes when it is this price). This is getting harder to do because prices are going up. I am lucky because a store close to me often has boneless dark chicken meat for 99 cents a pound! So we eat that. I actually prefer dark to light. If boneless isn't on sale, I might buy boney leg/thighs for 49 cents/lb, then cook it in the crockpot & shred it (save the broth!) And for pork, until this year, I have been able to buy boneless pork ribs for 1.49/lb. I have 2 meals I like. 1. bbq pork sandwiches. 2. Homemade costa vida/ cafe rio. Both are super easy& use 2-3 ingredients.
Third, I only buy cheap veggies (broccoli, carrots, onions, potatoes)
Fourth, The meals I make are cheap. $2-4 per meal. Total. They do taste good, but they aren't exotic.
Fifth. I buy cereal when it is $1/box. This happened alot this year.
Sixth, some weeks I only spend $15 on the basics and we eat what I stocked up on.
Lastly, read some old posts (starting in May)from this blog.
http://3monthspreparation.blogspot.com
And,
1.We don't go out to eat very often. Maybe once a month to a cheap place.
2. My husband & boys eat PB & J for lunch every day. PB bought at costco (when my parents are in town- I don't have a card). Jam= homemade. I usually have leftovers or grilled cheese. I buy cheese when it's 4-5 (never more than 6) dollars for 2 lbs.
3. We don't eat alot of desserts/treats/chips. We do have healthy snacks during the day. I figure if you aren't hungry enough for carrot sticks, you aren't hungry.
4. I bottle (can) fruit so we can eat fruit when it's not on sale. Its not that hard- just following a recipe & boiling water.
5. Make homemade baby food!!!
It's gorgeous up there!
Great pictures Marseille. Say hi to Rob and the boys to me. I am posting this from near Watson Lake, Yukon Territory on the Alaska Highway. The RV camp we are staying at has Wifi.
Love, Dad
looks like fun! I didn't know your kids had a little cousin! How fun is that you are finally getting little cousin friends. I was just reading your comment about saving money on groceries. I found a new place to get a ton of fruits and veggies for cheap. It's $15 for a basket full of fruits and veggies. You get a lot of good variety! It's called bountiful baskets. Go to bountifulbaskets.org and you can sign up and order one there. Carson and I have really enjoyed it bacause you don't know what is in your basket each week (you don't have to get one each week) and it is fun to make your meals based on what is in them. We have had a lot of fun trying new recipies. Right now we are getting so much from our garden so we are taking a break for a little while. If you have any quetions call me. I have loved it! Sometimes I split my basket with a friend and that works great too.
Post a Comment