Monday, September 12, 2011

Camping

This is the only camping trip of the summer for me. The boys and Rob went once already. We went up the same place as last year w/Scott and Kimberly, but a different campsite. Michael loved throwing rocks in the creek.
It was rather chilly. My seat is the one w/the blanket. We didn't sleep at all that night because Michael was inbetween us and thrashing all night. Every 2 hrs we checked the time. It was a full moon, so we thought it was morning at midnight. A long night!
Silly goose!
I accidently sprayed bathroom cleaner on this jacket instead of spray n wash :( so now its a camping jacket.
happy with oatmeal in a cup!
We brought our truck & go-art to have some fun. Rob's brother Brian is driving Christopher.
happy boys! I wish I had the camera set to video & was prepared. I hear cheering & look up to see christopher driving it (no easy feat cuz its not made for short legs!) & rob running behind them.
Then we went to Tibble Fork Reservoir & brought our raft again.
The boys loved it. no fishing this time, just paddling around.
Brian, his wife Kelsie, Michael, Christopher, and Rob. I opted to sit on shore & enjoy silence. very relaxing!
'Is it over my head? can I touch? Let me out!'
King of the rock
Splash! Kelsie & Brian look very relaxed
Michael loves 'wa-wa'
a little deep michael?
king of the rock. Right after this Christopher his his knee on the rock & split open a scab for the 10th time. I wish I took a picture before I cleaned it up. There was blood everywhere.
I sat on shore contemplating how I would look when we went to winco on the way home.
The hole kept getting bigger and bigger.
So I cut them off w/a knife. not a very good job, as I was still wearing them., but ok enough for winco.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You got some great pictures on this camping trip!

In answer to your question, I think Michael would do just fine at the Macey's cooking class, especially if he's able to sit through a library story time (which Darren cannot - you'll notice I didn't bring him with us). I've only been to the one, but it was short and very low-key. There was a lot of freedom for the kids to do whatever they wanted with the ingredients, even just eat them separately if they wanted. Hopefully we'll see you there next week! :)