Decorating the tree...
Our parakeet, Simon, LOVED our wreath
I LOVED Makayla's Christmas dress. She's wearing the shoes I wore when I was a baby.
I went to an ugly sweater party that was really fun. I just sewed some toys onto a stained sweater. The kids' reactions were funny. Christopher was worried about the toys. Michael thought it was 'awe-hem! how you do that?' Makayla just stared & wanted to play.
Some fun crafts for the kids at the ward Christmas party. The crafts had special meaning & was part of the skit.
We now have lots of new homemade ornaments on the tree. The boys were very excited to put them on the tree.
Santa handed out the story behind the meaning of the ornaments.
Michael kept wanting Santa's attention. We thought he wanted a 'high 5' but he really wanted to shake his hand.
Picture with Santa
Making chocolates (thanks to Rob's mom for the kit) Notice Rob swinging Makayla in the background.
I got some Christmas crafts at the dollar store & the boys loved painting the sun catchers (see the blue snowflake?) The problem is that the paint fell off when it dried :/
The first day the front runner opened from Provo to SLC, it was free, so we rode it to temple square to see the lights. (Rob stood in line for an hour and a half so we could go. Sadly, it was mostly dark because we got on so late.)Lights at a crowded Temple Square
The day of the ward Christmas party the boys ran in saying Santa was across the street! The called him over & he came to talk to them.
Michael was shy, but wanted to see him.
The primary singing at the ward Christmas party (Michael wasn't suppose to go up, but we didn't realize what was going on.)
Christopher in his school play, silly boy.
sorry, out of order. Chocolate suckers again.
Slightly better face.
Since we weren't going anywhere for Christmas (this was the first year in 3 years that none of our siblings were getting married! but, rob's sister, Trish, and my sister, Cambrai both got engaged over the break!!) Anyways, since we weren't going anywhere, we wanted to make sure we did alot of fun things at home. That's why this post is so long :)
Rob took the boys sledding at Rock canyon park.
We did the classic minivan express...in our car. The boys liked it, but I think Christopher was a little disappointed because his friends were going on the real polar express at the heber valley railroad for $25/person.
Our conductor loved the idea & made tickets & hot chocolate. We hid the tickets under the dinner plates. Michael found them first. Then we went caroling at Rob's Granny's house w/some of his cousins.
Then we went to the shops at Riverwoods to see the lights. Once Michael saw Santa, he had to go say hi to him. Luckily the wait was only 5 mins! And there wasn't a camera, so we didn't feel bad going to see Santa w/o paying for pictures.
Michael wanted toys and treats.
Christopher wanted a trampoline. (I told him earlier that if Santa brought a trampoline I was going to send it back up the chimney. Michael said 'if you do that I'm going to punch you in the eye!')
Last we drove by the city police station, where they had lights synced with music on the radio to manheim steamroller!





























2 comments:
looks like a fun christmas! and cambrai got engaged? how exciting!! congrats to her and the new fiance! :)
to answer:
1. i definitely don't hand them to my kids. i have a whole collection of robert sabuda pop up books that are kept out of reach that we read together once they're out of the baby/toddler stage. my kids know they can't touch them and won't. they know they can't sit on my lap when we read them if they do. and they're completely fascinated by them-it's pretty funny.
2. The stroller was $9.99. Not the cheapest for GW but it has been a dream and it's much less than I would've paid retail.
3. I'll watch for you. I've never seen it but hey, you never know. :)
Post a Comment