Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

Putting the tree together.


The candy canes are Christopher's favorite part. He kept trying to make up rules like, "If we want to eat a candy cane, it's ok."

For Family Home Evening Rob had the idea to make a chain for the Christmas tree. Rob's mom said that when Rob was little he made a tree that spanned his grandparent's house and was so excited when his grandpa hung it up outside. He thought it was the longest chain in the world.

Christopher keeps asking when Christmas is...maybe I should by one of those dollar advent calender things. We only have 5 presents under the tree so far...but that should change as it gets closer to Christmas.



4 comments:

Lant Family said...

Christopher looks like he is getting so big. That is so fun you have your tree up. We havne't even talked about putting ours up. Yeah you should get an christmas countdown, that would be fun. Maybe you can make a christmas countdown chain like you did for the tree.

Emily said...

What a fun chain. I am impressed you have your tree up and decorated. Five presents is amazing to top it off. We cut down a tree in Monticello, which has....character. It is now standing in our living room, beckoning for me to decorate...should I heed the call???? Speaking of advent calendars, I saw a really really cool one. It was a Bethleham one with palm trees and such. It was a family 'secret' so I actually only heard about it, but saw some stockings made which were copied from it. :) I need to do that too! I have some felt, we'll see what I can put together. I got some cheap flannel ornaments I will use that are of the manger scene to start me off, they were eight dollars. That is not too bad, but it certainly is no dollar store prize! Well, merry times, looks like you are having fun!
:)
Emily

rachel said...

Our tree is set up but only has half the lights up because some of our old ones don't work. Hope things are going well for you guys! Christopher looks so cute with his glasses.

maryirene said...

so fun! i love that he is making up rules. those sound like elliot's kind of rules. merry christmas!