Monday, March 1, 2010

Blue and Gold Banquet cakes

This is my first ever attempt at cake decorating. 100 years of Boy Scouts of America. It was fun to make! Obviously the chocolate frosting wasn't thick enough...it ran down the sides.
Christopher wanted me to make a race car cake. So when I saw race car cakes at the banquet (aka bday party) I had to take pictures.

More race cars.


My friend Melissa (in a different ward/stake/BSA unit) made this with one of her friends. I knew Kathy V. had to see it, so I decided to post it on my blog. Isn't it amazing!!! More cakes from their banquet: http://thomasandmelissagriffiths.blogspot.com/2010/02/blue-and-gold-banquet-and-cake-contest.html. (I hope you don't mind Melissa)



This cake was not from a banquet. It was from my Grandparent's homecoming from their mission. One of my uncles had a hook-up, and it turned out great! It's the Portland temple, w/o the spires. Wow...what you can do with fondant! This picture I stole from my aunt Brittany's blog. (I hope you don't mind Brittany.)




4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yea for cakes! Thanks for putting mine up! Yours was probably delicious even if the frosting was thin. You only get better by making them. It's a life skill if you ask me, we are a cake loving people! Way to get started.

Brittany and Jason said...

It's actually the Frankfurt Germany temple, honoring their mission. But, it's still amazing!!

Lant Family said...

cake decorating is something I would really like to get into--not really intense but just enough to make a nice birthday cake for the kids. I am thinking of taking a class at our new Joanne's . Your cakes are sure good, it is hard to frost cakes I think.

Brittany and Jason said...

They were in town last week and tried to call you a couple of times. They said you didn't answer, they were going to come down and see you.