Thursday, October 18, 2012

Payson Grotto and football injuries

 We went on this awesome hike- so perfect for boys!  I knew they would get a little wet & muddy, so I was prepared & didn't freak out when they did. It is up Payson canyon, about 45 mins from our house.  The total hike was just over 1/2 mile.  It was steep at the beginning, but leveled out and was so beautiful!  We want to do it again in the spring.  The only problem was I didn't dress Makayla warm enough.   Her feet started turning blue & I wasn't sure if it was because she was cold or she wasn't in the front pack the right way (her first time facing forward & i never had the boys facing forward)
 Sandals were a must!
 cold water
 Rob climbed above it
 Fun boards to walk across, but not so wobbly that i was afraid to walk w/Makayla on them.
 Happy boys
 Football.
 Rob's playing on an intramural FLAG football team again this year.  This is the first year he has gotten hurt.  He needed 7 stitches.  The other guy blacked out & got a concussion & still has memory problems.
 The next day the blood pooled.

 Alot.  Black eye time.  This is the worst that it looked though.
Guess  he should have stayed for the end of the RS super saturday financial classes ;) (we taught the first one together, then he left to play in his game)  Luckily its back to looking normal & he's just as handsome as ever :)

2 comments:

Lant Family said...

Fun walk, we did that once and I remember it was a fun walk. Poor Rob,that black eye doesn't look fun at all.

Richard & Natalie said...

The Grotto is really fun especially for kids and so beautiful in the fall.
Poor Rob's eye! Glad he got the better end of the deal. The other guy sounds like he got it really rough!