Wednesday, May 10, 2023

The end of July

Makayla is getting pretty good at braiding my hair.
Usually Adalyn doesn't want to get in the water, so I often bring her swim suit, but don't change her into it.  Well, with her cousin Brooklyn there, she got really wet!

Michael picked alot of blackberries from our backyard.
Adalyn trying on Michael's football helmet.
This summer I got tired of the kids telling me I never make anything they like, so I let them each choose a meal per week.  We ate alot of the same thing.  This lasted a few months, then I went back to making "yucky" meals.  Spoiler: in the last week of February 2023, the kids are surprised they liked what I made twice in a week!  (King Ranch soup & tortilla chips (I told them it was nacho cheese dip with chicken, but we had to call it soup so it could be dinner), and Chicken Fajitas (Michael loved the chicken, but didn't want the peppers and onions.)


Found some Texas jam on clearance in Utah when we got home from our trip.
Cutie Pie
Happy kids (well, Zach always thinks of a crazy face for pictures)
Happy Emma
Cutie Adalyn


Bored Joseph?  He was playing with this fidget toy.  He likes wearing pants...even in July


We saw this crazy paint job.

There were a couple leftover birdhouses from Activity Days Day Camp (a 4 hr event), so Emma and her 2 friends (sisters 18 months apart) painted them.
These girls LOVE the Tie Dye shirts we made at the reunion.

Michael's bday party.  We walked to the park 1/2 mile away and they played 2 hand touch as one of the activities.


Alot of teenage boys in our house.

Makayla practicing being a mom-holding a toy like a baby while vacuuming.



We made a TON of Jam.  The orangey ones are plumcot, and the deep red are berry.  It's a team effort.  Rob does the cooking part of it, and I make sure the jars and sugar are ready.  We work together filling and flipping.  (We use the flipping method of sealing the jars.)


Patriotic hair chalk.
Bubbles!
Makayla loves doing hair chalk on everyone.

We needed something to help us wait our turn.  Bubbles it is.

Enjoying the evening shade.  Makayla was doing spa treatments this day.



Makayla and her nachos. She loves tomatoes.


Zach wanted to trick me into thinking he was in bed.
Adalyn loves emptying the dishwasher.  Usually Emma empties the top shelf, I pull out breakable stuff and knives, and Adalyn does the rest.

Joseph went thru a phase where he wanted me to take pictures of his breakfast.
before milk.
Emma wanted to show off her pretzel creation.


Joseph's oatmeal.
Before milk.
A different day.
 

No comments: