Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Big 3-0

I wanted to make Rob's 30th birthday special. I spent many hours pondering the best way to do this and 10 hrs working on projects. This is huge for me because usually I say 'what do you want. well, why don't we buy it now since we're here.' I stole my friend Maren's idea and gave Rob 30 presents- 1 for each year of his life, and representing his favorite things. This picture was taken after the scavenger hunt for the presents (they were in 5 groups of 6). As we went along, we just shoved opened presents into one bag, so those 2 bags on the bed are crammed full of stuff. Because he got 3 movies and tons of candy/junk food (don't worry, there were nicer, sentimental presents too-remember the 10 hrs of work!) Rob made the comment that we (meaning everyone who gave him presents) must think he's a couch potato. Christopher loves to tell people 'my mom thinks my dad is a potato on a couch' or 'my mom thinks my dad is a hot potato.' Too funny! Rob was very appreciative of all my hard work and really enjoyed his presents, especially the photo album his mom and I put together, and the garmin (navigation system) from his parents.

3 comments:

Lant Family said...

That is fun! Yeah that idea is sure fun. I think I will have to do something like that for JJ in the fall for his birthday .

cardwellclan said...

Fun idea Marseille :)

Suzanne said...

What a great idea. Christopher's interpretation of the couch potato concept was pretty funny. :)