
For dinner tonight I made a veggie pizza because we had tons of yummy produce. I was thinking about making 1/2 of it 'kid friendly' but then had the idea to make personal pizzas for the kids. I might have for my hubby too, but he wasn't home, so I just made a cookie sheet size for us. (and left mushrooms off his side.) Our pizza had ranch as the sauce, red bell pepper, mushrooms, olives, red onions, tomatoes, spinach, and cilantro. For cheese I used a mix of cheddar and pepper jack.

Here are the boys' pizzas. I told them they had to have at least 2 veggies on their pizza. Christopher's is on top. He didn't want sauce & he had twice as many olives, but I made him take some off. He also chose 2 mushrooms (he even at one of them!) and 1 piece of spinach (which he did eat!). I was surprised w/his choices. Michael grabbed a handful of everything and put it on in bunches. I spread it out a bit.

Michael was soo excited about his 'pee-ee me'

Christopher enjoying his pizza.

'Mom can I have some more water- this cheese is spicy!"
5 comments:
that is fun--we love to make pizza at our house. Kids love it!
Great idea!
Way to go with all the veggies! We like to use round cake or pie pans for personal size pizzas. Muffin tins are fun, too, because then the kids can make lots of different kinds of pizzas (including a "dessert pizza" with a little butter and cinnamon sugar).
Yum! The pizza looks good. :) And I can't believe how much hair Michael has! I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! I'm getting my backyard ready to play in and I bought some games and toys to make my house more exciting for the wee folk!
Bear Bread
1 pkg yeast
1/3 c. sugar
¼ c. warm water
2 eggs
4 TBSP butter, melted
¼ c. milk, warm
½ TBSP vanilla
½ tsp salt
2 ½ to 3 c. flour
Mix yeast with sugar and water first. Let bubble for a bit, then add eggs, butter, milk, vanilla and salt. Stir together, then add flour. Knead and let rise for 1 ½ hrs. Roll dough pieces into bear shape, or whatever else and glaze (1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of water). Bake @ 350 for 15 to 20 minutes depending on how big your bear is.
Have fun!
Post a Comment