Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Michael's birthday!

Michael is a big 2 year old now. He loves his basketball shirt and his bear.
It smells so nasty because he always chews/sucks on it. I wash it once a week, but wish I could pull it away to wash it more often. (he doesn't carry it around all day, it's usually in his bed, but sometimes he pulls it out. And sometimes it gets lost. That is not fun. )
Some cute things about Michael right now:
  • He can always spot the moon- no matter if it's day or night/ how small or big it is.
  • He calls Christopher 'Wah-ah'
  • He tells 3 stories over and over again.
  1. Story 1: Da-Do, Maceys, car (translation: Uncle Daniel took him to Maceys and drove him around in the car-carts (and bought him an ice cream cone. I think he's going for favorite uncle. ) )
  2. Story 2: wing, Ow (pointing to arm), Da-da (translation: I was swinging and fell, so I was hanging on by 1 arm (and it hurt apparently), and Daddy saved me.)
  3. Story 3: Gown, gar, May-ees (translation: A clown gave him a toy car at Maceys)

We went to the hot air balloons & he loved it! I will have a whole post on that in a couple days.
We stopped by Maceys for their free french toast breakfast. They have a yummy butter syrup! Michael LOVES Maceys (a local grocery store.)
Michael loves riding in the car-carts (but usually doesn't last very long because he hurts Christopher.) He also likes the free kids' cookies they give at the bakery, and the smarties at the registers. No wonder he asks to go there everyday.
Then we went home to open his presents.
We gave him a kiddie pool, swim diapers, and a box of fruit snacks (which he still talks about). My parents gave him this orange apron and a package that came in the mail later in the day. Rob's parents will give him their presents when we go to visit them soon.
He even shared his fruit snacks with us!
Christopher said "I have a present for him too!" and ran downstairs to get this train set that his friend Caleb handed down to him a month ago.
Michael liked playing w/the hose while the pool was filling up.
Michael wasn't as crazy as Christopher
Enjoying the sun. (on one of the hottest days of the year so far.)
It's fun to have a backyard!
I decorated Michael's birthday cake while he was sleeping. I stole this idea for my friend Heather (thanks!!) and everyone was very impressed. It was really simple and fun to make. (first time my frosting had a good consistency- cuz I actually followed a recipe!) I also learned I have to share the black licorish with Christopher. I didn't know he liked it until today.
Michael took such a long nap because we woke up so early, that I had to wake him up for his birthday dinner (pepperoni pizza, carrot sticks, watermelon, and strawberry lemonade), but I had to take a picture of him sleeping because he looked so peaceful. He really does love his bear.
Grandma and Grandpa Loftus' package came in the mail while Michael was sleeping, so after dinner he opened it and loves his toy story 3 lego set! (Christopher thinks its pretty cool too.)
Michael with his birthday cake.
I laughed so hard after taking this picture-with Michael scratching his armpit.
He blew one candle out, then sort of breathed in the other one. I was surprised that he didn't eat his cake, but just went for the ice cream. Michael enjoyed having Aunt Gabrielle and Uncle Isaac over for cake & the phone calls & skype w/other family members.
And stats from his drs' appointment today: 28.8 lbs, and 34.5" tall. He is heavy! One last bit of info: he chipped his front top tooth. I was hoping to get a picture of it, but couldn't. Sorry, no story about it, I don't know when it happened. Maybe one of the times he was running down a grass hill at the park, he hit it on his bottom tooth.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Micheal! When did he get so big??? Love his orange apron!

Lant Family said...

Happy Birthday Michael! I am glad you used the cake idea--it is supper easy and great for a boy at that age.

R. B said...

I love how you can understand Michael's language so well....that takes some real talent. Boy is he a cutie! Love his cake! I am impressed too. You look beautiful in that family picture. Summer swimming, the perfect gift. Yeah for Christopher for having a gift for his brother too!
:) Emily B.

maryirene said...

wow! happy birthday michael! i cannot believe he is 2. they're all growing up! i loved his stories. so darling. tell him i love maceys too and miss it a lot.
you sound so happy marseille :)

oh and the answer to your question. yes he is reading magic treehouse books all by himself. he loves ready freddy books too. he loves to read!

Jenny said...

no way! Where did the time go again? Crazy. Happy big #2