Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sigh, its been one of those weeks

I'm starting to feel like Job because everything is going wrong! (though most of it is my fault because I"m not making smart decisions.)
  • I messed up 2 of Rob's bday presents that I"ve been making. On 2 different days. I can't go into detail yet, because there is an off chance he will look at our blog before Sunday. (but when you spend 15 mins looking for something and not finding it, then after you use something else and realize you didn't need to do that in the first place-taking up 45 more minutes, and now it doesn't look as good as it would of, or you need to hide mistakes in addition to presents, hoping they aren't found, life is frustrating.
  • I clicked 'scan and fix' on the SD card instead of 'continue w/o scanning' when uploading pics of kindergarten graduation, and now there are no pics on our SD card. :'(
  • While trying to pop the lid off the oxyclean gel, the whole top came off & it went everywhere
  • We can't find Michael's bear, even though we saw it 3 hrs ago
  • Christopher's glasses frames broke when he bent over to pick something up (luckily they were under warranty by 1 week)
  • Christopher broke his arm
Which is actually a fun story for him to tell, and didn't damper my day/weekend too much, but I wanted to put a picture of that up, but now the SD card is busted. Grr!

Ok, here's the story. We walked to the park (Michael in stroller, Christopher riding his bike), 'discussing' what we were going to do for Memorial day weekend. I thought it was too cold to camp, but a picnic sounded nice. Rob and I were playing w/Michael & Christopher was playing tag w/random kids. 15 minutes later Christopher came running to us because he hurt his arm. He pulled his sleeve up and I almost started crying. (I vividly remember putting my hand to my mouth in shock.) Rob said, 'well it's time to go. you broke your arm Christopher! you get to have it x-rayed and get a cast!' Christopher thought that was cool and he sat in the stroller. Suddenly we were all in chipper moods talking to Christopher about his broken arm- Memorial day weekend plans don't matter now. They were out of the question. I pushed the stroller while holding Michael, as Rob was juggling the bike and helmet. We switched 1/2 way home. At the Instacare we talked about how it was just like Harry Potter's arm when it broke- and lost the bones. In less than an hour we were out w/a splint and a sling and a smiling Christopher. He didn't cry and when the nurse said it was going to hurt when they did the x-ray, he said, "ok, why?' 'just when we position it for the x-ray." (Everything was lined up well, both bones were definitely broken.) That was on Thursday. Yesterday, Tuesday, he was x-rayed again, then he got the cast put on. (there was a little bit of a run-around because the drs office wasn't clear about when they wanted us to come in, which was frustrating.) They didn't have any blue casting material, so he got a red cast. (they didn't have great boy colors- just red, pink, orange, yellow, and purple.) He loves the attention of having a broken arm & interjects it into conversations when ever he can. The way he tells the story: "So, I was on the playground up really high by the slide and a kid bumped me and when I was falling I did a full flip and landed on my arm."

I am soo glad I didn't see it!

4 comments:

Marnie said...

I've had those weeks before (no broken bones though). Sorry to hear about Christopher's arm, I'm glad the appointment was easy and he was so brave.

Heather Choate said...

What a little trooper! Hope everything goes well for you guys.

Unknown said...

It sounds like the worst part of having the broken bone is the RED cast. Maybe you can paint some white and blue stripes on it so it will be patriotic. He's a tough little cookie.

maryirene said...

what a brave, tough kid!