Thursday, July 14, 2011

My sister (and her hubby) and nephew came to visit!!

Sorry for the long posts lately. I've had a hard time choosing between pictures. Towards the bottom of this post are pics of the BYU duck pond- it sure has changed!
When Danielle and Keith first got here, they needed to get Benjamin to sleep, so they boys played w/their shoes while they were waiting for them to come out to play.
Baby Benjamin
Michael was soo cute with him. He gave him lots of hugs & kisses & shared with him. One time he was giving everyone high 5s & he went to Benjamin & talked to him in high pitched 'baby talk' and gave him a soft high 5. It was soo cute!
Swinging at the park. This park is only 3 blocks from our old apt. Too bad it wasn't there then- we would have gone twice a day!
Michael loves to 'wing' (And Christopher can pump all by himself!)
Climbing. (have I mentioned he loves his basket ball shirt)
Danielle & Benjamin.
This girl was here with her grandma & wanted lots of pictures with Christopher. It was cute.
Monkey bars! It's great having the cast off!

At the museum of Peoples and cultures. Michael had fun with this part of the kids room.
Christopher building a pot.
I rest my case.
See the band-aid? Michael was running full force (maybe we should have left when he started doing this...) and his the corner of the table. It sent him flying & gave him a little cut. My sister and I were shocked that his head didn't bleed very much. (at least we didn't have to decide if he needed stitches or not: a band-aid was sufficient)
Playing basket ball outside our house. (Keith is really good at b-ball)
C+ome on guys...no decent picture?
Christopher.... grrr...
Holding Ben. (both are in their pjs)
Crawling at a park. We went to a big get together (anyone was invited...we were a friend of a friend) & saw tons of people we knew from random places. Most everyone there was single. If we were still single (together, because I can't imagine life w/o rob), that would have been our group of friends -everyone there was our age. (59ers: we saw Brianna Berry, Telisha's sister, who we not only knew from playing intramurals, but both T and Bri were in our singles ward when rob and I met)
Oops...forgot sunscreen on Christopher's cast arm.
Michael's 'ow'
Playing w/ben- he was pulling himself & crawling all over the place.
kisses
sharing
playing
I loved playing with my nephew & watching michael interact w/him.
'show him the bus michael' (it's michael favorite song right now)
Look at how the duck pond by BYU has changed! solving the erosion problem= boardwalk.
Beautiful (easier to keep kids from falling in too!)
Feeding ducks.
a little nest of ducklings under a rock
Michael was soo excited to see a 'quack-quack!'

The trail above the duck pond was redone and is beautiful! We didn't go on the whole thing, but there were several picture taking places.

The testing center never looked so beautiful


The weather was perfectly overcast, so we played outside for a while, trying not to get hit w/a frisbee.
Michael played by us some, and w/Keith and Christopher some.
sorry, out of order, this is at a park again.
We went swimming with them and some of their friends at their old complex's pool. It was cold (yes, I got in), but the boys loved it.
Babies (can I still call Michael that?) not cooperating.
Michael loved jumping in to us.
Christopher loved swimming around. (though he needs swim lessons again, he forgot his strokes)
Michael playing with Aunt Danielle.

4 comments:

Debbie Lawrence said...

Wow! They sure have changed the BYU duck pond! I had heard that they had put in the pretty walkway with the waterfalls, but I had no idea they had made a boardwalk around the pond. So fun!

Lant Family said...

The Duck pond looks awesome!! That is so fun that your sister came to visit. Looks like you guys had fun!

telisha said...

that is funny that you saw Bree at the get together/reunion thing. I'm jealous. That would be fun to see those random people from the past again....and crazy about the duck pond remodel. that looks beautiful. I love BYU campus, they keep it up so nice. can't wait to go back and see it sometime.

Melissa said...

That little boy is so rolly just lke Micheal! You guys have the cutest chubby kids! And that boardwalk! Wow, I'm impressed. It's so much less yucky!