Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 2 in Arkansas con't & around the cabin

This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip. I can almost hear him say 'wanna ee og.' He had been throwing rocks in the pond all morning (sorry cabin owners) and he found a frog on one of the rocks. He was so excited he made sure he showed every single person. Now you might be wondering how he convinced the frog to stay on the rock. It was a half baked frog, so it wasn't going anywhere. I'm sure Michael was glad, in a way (well, and he didn't know differently) because other wise it would be jumping all over the place.
Throwing rocks in the pond.
All.the.time
Though occasionally he did enjoy this little rocking chair.
This is also one of my favorite pictures from the trip. Michael looks so happy with his Aunt Trish on the hammock. (It was in a screened in porch over looking a (sadly) dry river bed.)
We went to a restaurant in a little town called Jasper after hiking & swimming in our clothes, so we thought we'd be a sight to see, but we seemed to fit right in at the Ozark Cafe. Check out the wall decorations!
At the bar
Need a napkin? No problem.
While we were waiting for our food (Christopher ordered grilled cheese & french fries-he was soo excited to choose his dinner. I think it was the 2nd time he's had that opportunity. I ordered chicken strips & french fries for Michael & he ate it all!!) Michael and I went outside because Michael wanted to see this bear. He was soo excited about it.
Still waiting for food, on the rocking chairs outside the restaurant. I ordered chicken fried steak for the first time. It was good for the first half, but by the second half I wished I hadn't ordered fried food.
Sorry the pictures are blurry, I bumped a button on the camera, so it changed the setting. Rob's brother Thomas (we celebrated his 15th bday there!) ordered the double Excaliburger. It was 2 huge hamburger patties sandwiched between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. Wow.
Gonna need a napkin for that!
Walking around the little town we saw this building. It intrigued me because of the bars on the windows-was it a jail? No, it was a food bank. But a note on the door said it was closed, but if someone was in dire need to call & it had a couple phone numbers.

2 comments:

Marnie said...

Nothing like throwing rocks in the water...endless and cheap entertainment. :)

Heather Choate said...

You're boys are adorable! What a fun trip- those are the times that will stick out years from now. And frogs? What's better than that...?