Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Random pictures from our Oklahoma trip

Squirt gun fight! Grandpa & Christopher against Daddy and Michael

We drove by the tornado damage in Guthrie, 10 minutes or so away from Rob's parent's house. There were workers fixing the houses while we drove by. I'm so glad they put in a tornado shelter this year.
This is the same house. These were nice homes!
Funny Michael
Silly Christopher. He wanted 3 pictures of 3 different faces w/the wig on. But I will spare you and only put up this one. (the one he chose)

Some other random things from the trip:
  • Michael threw up everytime we drove more than 4 hours. Yuck. Luckily he seemed more use to the car by the time last half of the drive home. I"m so glad that he was more pleasant because right before Aspen, CO there was road construction & it took forever. Luckily it was a beautiful place to get stuck. (Even if I did have to go to the bathroom really bad.) Also, an hour and a half from home we just missed a huge rainstorm. It was fun to see the lightning though. The last half hour of the trip was Michael saying 'moon!' At least he was pleasant.
  • Speaking of home, when we pulled up we were confused why our lights were on & why the deadbolt wasn't locked. And why is our carpet so clean?! Oh, there's a note- Rob's brother & his girlfriend cleaned our house for us right before we came home so we had a clean home to come home to. How thoughtful!
  • When we were in Arkansas we stopped to ask for directions at a gas station & a sign on the door said "Closed Sundays. See you at church!" Welcome to the Bible belt!
  • And my favorite quote/story of the trip: I called to Rob (who was strapping Michael and Christopher into the backseat of his parent's Pilot) "why don't I squish in the back w/them-I'm the smallest." "You're not big enough yet!" LOL! Rob's mom & sister & I started cracking up! He was talking to Christopher, but the timing of it was so perfect!
  • And that's a wrap. Unless Rob's brother Chris can find a way to send me some of his pictures before he leaves for Africa! for his mission in a week.

No comments: