Rob and I enjoyed being able to just spend time with her, while Grandma and Grandpa took care of our other kids at their house.
Christopher is a good big brother. I can always count on him to help with Emma or Zachary if I just need to get something done. (Please put down Harry Potter (or a Brandon Mull book) and help. Thanks!)
I took lots of pictures of her and watched tv (in MY bed!), read, slept in, and healed from surgery. It was wonderful. I didn't even have to cook because a few friends brought meals and enough for leftovers!
Oh I just want to cuddle her tininess again!
Don't let the binkie in the bassinet fool you.
haha, this was a selfie of me pretending to sleep. This was her favorite position. I thought she would be a cuddle bug like Joseph. Nope, it didn't last long & we realized she wanted to face out like Matthew.
(I took like 3 pictures like this to see if I wanted a toothy smile, closed mouth, serious face, etc. Ha!)
Near me while I ate.
Mom, why are you taking my picture?! I'm trying to sleep! Oh, funny story about her bow. The second Zachary saw her in the hospital, he ripped her bow out. The nurses put another one in and we left it in for like 2 weeks!
I knew she would rub her hair away, so I had to document it while it was still there. The kids loved stroking her hair and they would tell everyone how soft it is.
froggy sleeping. Her little chicken legs had a hard time being in diapers. Luvs worked better than parents choice when her legs were so skinny.
How does anyone so tiny have such squishable cheeks?!
Newborn flailings and stretching is soo cute.

















2 comments:
What darling pictures of Emma! Where has the time gone? I remember how excited everyone was to have their turn to hold and cuddle her, and she just took it in stride.
I notice she is wearing the pink and white hat and outfit that you also wore as a baby. Too cute!
Post a Comment