We went to the Provo City center Temple open house. This was neat cuz we are in this temple district now, so when we walked by the baptismal font, I realized this is where Christopher will do baptisms by proxy for those who have passed on & haven't had the opportunity to be baptized. He's got another year before he turns 12 (and will be old enough to do so), but its exciting. I wasn't sure how the tour would go (no strollers allowed, Rob in a walking boot & me quite pregnant) & contemplated leaving the twins with a neighbor. But I'm glad we took them. Matthew was my buddy & held my hand & walked most of it (I carried him for some of the stairs, but certain stairs, the line was moving slowly, so he could do it.) He did have an issue with the booties we covered our shoes with to protect the flooring. He did NOT want those on his feet (he LOVES shoes, so maybe he was concerned he couldn't see them?) Rob had to carry Joseph for a lot of it, cuz he kept trying to run off (while laughing, of course)
Matthew isn't throwing a tantrum, he's trying to see Jesus.I can hear Joseph saying "Jee." We actually didn't sign up for tickets, cuz we weren't sure when the best time for Rob's leg & my energy level. We went right after school, met Rob there & only had a 15 minute wait in standby. (The Saturday before I volunteered there & the people with tickets had to wait 45 minutes & standby was 2 hours. My job was to open the "booty" boxes, unfold & deliver them. There were so many people, the 7 of us working could barely keep up. It was a good job for me because I could sit for most of it, and walk (deliver them) when I needed to move around. It was a fun experience.)
The kids were practicing waiting in line to jump to a bean bag. Joseph is getting a little impatient & pushing Matthew.
We had the Disney station going on Pandora (I want to listen to Princess music!! guess who makes that request) And each of them started dancing (spinning in circles, really) with a baby or teddy bear.
Makayla had her first princess party. It was a valentines party, so they exchanged valentines. It worked out perfect that it was during the twins 2 yr check ups. (just under 30 lbs. 33&/12" for Joseph (weighed 4 oz more than Matthew) and 34" for Matthew (tall enough to turn around his carseat to be forward facing!! Joseph would have to wait another 7 weeks.)
Makayla's friends from church. There is one more girl that will be in their same grade. This is the first time they've played together outside of church & it made me want to get them together more often.Twins enjoying the reading corner.
(hard to get a good smile of both of them at the same time)
My view from the kitchen.
Hi Matthew!
Matthew is obsessed with hats. Joseph is excited because they are wearing their basketball jerseys for the first time. I like to say to them "Nuuuumber 12, Jooooseph Steeeephennnnsoooon." "Nuuuumber 22, Maaaaathhhhhew Steeeephennnnsoooon." They love it.
Here's what I posted on facebook with this picture: What's better than 1 kid playing peek-a-boo/keep away with you? 2!!
Cute Matthew loved taking this selfie.
Joseph wanted to wear the hat.
He has so many facial expressions. He wears his emotions on his sleeve.

















No comments:
Post a Comment