Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Sisters trip!





My mom and sisters went on a sisters' weekend trip to San Diego!  It was soo much fun!!

These pictures are actually in reverse order (this happened on the last day) and I know I have more pictures that others shared with me, but not tech savvy enough to get them on here.  This is at the Mormon Battalion.  We went to church Sunday morning (taking 2 trips in Calais' car bcuz we definitely couldn't fit all 6 of us and our luggage in there at the same time.) Luckily church was like 5 mins away from our air bnb we had just checked out of.  Calais took Cambrai to the airport (with my mom along for the ride) while the rest of us hung out at the church...even though it was empty bcuz the singles ward, that met last, was having a stake conference.  We had a great chat.  The white church building even had an awesome nursery attached to a courtyard with little bikes for the kids!  We put our lunch in the fridge with a note, warning/begging people not to eat it.
We also walked around the San Diego temple.
More Mormon Battalion.
Beach!!
Watching the surfers.
I don't think he meant to fish for sting ray.  We watched him pull it in, then release it.
We only went out to eat once, and Cambrai and I split this yummy dish.  I think it was Ahi?  I found out I LOVE lemon grass.
We stayed really close to a grocery store (that was having a sale on strawberries), so we made awesome meals, such as this.  We only spend $18/person on food for 4 meals.  This was a chicken spinach strawberry almond poppyseed salad.  We also bought tons of ice cream (almost a carton per person.  We didn't quite finish it), had a fancy egg breakfast, stuffed french toast (with strawberries and whipped cream), and fancy sandwiches for lunch on Sunday.
My mom graduated from BYUI a few days before, so we celebrated!!
The place we stayed was close to the beach.  We went body surfing.  It was so fun!  (Used a wagon (behind Cambrai) to bring our stuff.  We went at night the first night, then in time for sunset the next night, in addition to a beach run (walk for mom and Cambrai), followed by yoga led by Cambrai.  It was the perfect relaxation and enjoying each other's company.  The air bnb was really narrow, but had plenty of beds.  It had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and this narrow living/kitchen area. My mom took several great picture of me body surfing, (among other awesome pics) but it won't upload :(


Never mind!  I found them!!

 My mom was staying with us after her graduation, so we rode the frontrunner to the airport and flew together (got delayed together) to San Diego.

 Gabrielle (right) and I (left) heading out to find a wave.
 I was a little competative and stayed out the longest.
 Danielle, me and Gabrielle
 The water felt so good!
Cambrai's flight was first, so she wasn't able to go to the Mormon battalion with us (ironic because she's the history teacher?). I drove back to LA with Calais (summer internship) and flew out of LAX the next day.  The other 3 had flights fairly close to each other.

No comments: