Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Loftus reunion, part 3 (minute to win it ideas)

We made a quick stop by the Christus Statue.  (I thought the whole statue was in the picture...)  This is how we got around Salt lake with so many young kids.
The twins were excited to see the water fall.
Brooklyn and Makayla with Rob in the conference center.  They wanted all the kids either constantly holding an adult's hand or in a stroller.  Glad we had so many adults and strollers.  Danielle took a pic of all of us crammed in the elevator with the strollers.  I was shocked we fit 21 people, 2 double strollers, and a single umbrella stroller.
I didn't see the mirror in the back.  Cool!  The kids were good through the long tour.  It was 30 mins longer than we really wanted it to be.

Other part of our group at the conference center ("Where we get to see the prophet when he's on TV!")
I took our picture in the mirror.
After Salt Lake, I made dinner (thanks to Gabrielle & others help).  We had a mexican bar: crunchy taco shells, flour tortillas, refried beans, taco flavored ground beef, black bean & sweet potato yumminess, lettuce, avocados, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, several kinds of salsa, chips, I'm sure I'm forgetting something.  We didn't eat as much as I thought we would...not even close! But, it was yummy, and we definitely used those leftovers after the reunion.
Then, Danielle and Keith were incharge of the minute to win it activities.  They had so many fun competitions & the kids were all excited to try everything.
Twins doing cookie face.
Am I doing this right?  (Joseph is on the left, but he looks like Matthew in this picture.)
Christopher Shakin' it while Ben does the pencil lift in the background, (My only successful event)  We didn't get into teams or anything, just let whoever try each thing that they wanted to.
Rob mid cookie bite.  He, Isaac, and MY MOM!  were the only people to succeed in cookie face.  Christopher removed his glasses to try cookie face.
Rob almost has it....Gabrielle looks like she's praying or something.
Michael shakin' those ping pong balls out.


Christopher tried so hard to get the cookie in his mouth that he fell over.
Makayla trying the pencil elevator.
Christopher was really good at moving those skittles!
Go Matthew! Go!
We used to have those plates...then we learned they aren't microwave safe.
Makayla is getting ready to shake it!


pretty sure Makayla used her hands instead of the spoon.
Gooo Michael!


caught-ya!

Cup staking concentration


Danielle was so fun-she even had awards for each of the kids!
Makayla showing hers off.
Michael is very excited.
Cup stacking!
All the grandkids minus the babies, showing off their awards.

No comments: